The definitive diagnosis of SMA disease is made by genetic examination. A test is performed with a blood sample taken from patients. SMN1 exon 7-8 deletion is detected in 95% of SMA patients. Therefore, the first choice in investigating patients is deletion analysis. The other 5% is due to a rare mutation and should be identified by further testing.

Eskişehir Web Tasarım